Washington DC Line-standing
Do you need to attend a congressional or judicial hearing but don't have the time to stand in line? Washington Express, a leader in DC area courier services, provides professional, competitively priced Line-standing and seat holding services for congressional and judicial hearings.
Our rate for Line-standing is $40.00 per hour and requires a 3 hour minimum. Washington Express has provided Line-standing and seat-holding services for over 20 years, and in that time, we have developed significant expertise in all of the sometimes complex details of seat holding and Line-standing.
The WEX Advantage
- Professional Line-standing team monitors hearing schedule
- Regularly surveys committee website to check for hearing relocation and postponements so that your Line-standing is done at the right time and place.
- Washington Express constantly checks the demand for individual hearings so we can advise Line-standing start times.
- Our Line-standing couriers hold printed WEX signs with hearing attendees names on them for easy identification.
Line-standing procedures change all the time. Please call us at 301-210-3500 for specific information
Directions for Ordering Line-standing Service
When requesting Line-standing services, please have the following information ready:
- Building name
- Hearing room number
- Name of comittee and the name or topic of the hearing
- Time and date of hearing
- Time you want us to start waiting
- Name of the person attending the hearing
- Hearing attendee's cell phone number
Washington Express will also provide you with the cell phone number of our staff member doing your Line-standing upon request. Attendees should arrive 30 minutes before the hearing begins. For security purposes, our Line-standing person will ask your attendee for a business card or ID to verify their identity
Washington Express will call you and suggest an earlier Line-standing or seat holding starting time if the demand for a particular hearing appears to exceed available seating in that room.
Interested in Supreme Court Line Standing? Review our Supreme Court Line Standing Guide to ensure your request goes smoothly.